Monday, April 14, 2014

Blog # 20

Blog 20:  Post a statement of the focus for your essay (what you hope to show) followed by sections of your data + your analysis where you make a series of points related to that focus.  If you aren't sure what to post => just post a statement of what you want to show and sections of data which you think show or are related to your focus.  In class, we will help you strengthen and develop your "evidence" based on your data.

Focus: How a teacher uses observation to solve issues within a classroom, and how these strategies are beneficial for both the teacher and for the  students.
 
 
 
Writing Lesson: I will talk about the issue on how some students don't want to attempt writing and how the teacher observes and asks them to write about something that they are interested in. In this case they are interested in the video game called Mind Craft. Another thing that she states is that she has to model how to write an essay over and over again for some students that doesn't get it the first time.


Teacher: Oh yea they love video games, they love it. I told them Mrs. Castillo plays mind craft, I just said it , I don’t play mind craft. Ha-ha I uh made myself learn because of them. Just because they are obsessed with that game, they wrote about it .They wrote about it in their essays. I’m like faking it, oh yea I love it Hahhaa. Then I told them to write me a how to essay, like how to survive in the game.

Flora: Hahhaa that’s amazing I think that’s a good way to get them to write

Teacher: Yea find something that they are interested in and try to run with it. I find that helpful with college students too

Flora: Yea I think so too

Teacher: But it’s when they are faced with something that they have no idea what they’re reading it for if I don’t model it for them then they are lost. I have to model a lot read out loud, which means that I just have to show them how to do it step by step, its repetitive, tiring and boring for some but for the kids that don’t get it they need it.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment